Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Check Out Social Networking Sites

The first social networking site that I have ever used was Facebook. I have never touched xanga or Myspace in my entire life even though many of my friends have. When I first got into Facebook, it was when one of my friends sent me an invitation. At that time, Facebook didn't seem to be too sophisticated as much as Myspace was. Now, Facebook is just filled with many groups, causes, and fan pages each with many or few followers, although I should also point out that it is littered with hundreds of applications and ads as well as spam and hackers.

I have just recently tried Google Buzz with my Gmail account. From what I'm am looking at when I try to have interest and use it, all i see is something that seems to be a copied version of Twitter and modified to include other applications such as Google's own Picasa as well as Twitter and Flickr. At this moment, I don't see any real usage With Google Buzz.

On the other hand, Linkedin seems to be a well developed site. You are able to input your personal information regarding with jobs and education. There is also an option to upload your resumes. Although I am also new at using this, this site seems to be an efficient way of finding connections with other employees and managers. There not much useless ads floating around unlike Facebook and allows the user to upgrade his account for other features, for a reasonable price if they are interested at all. The basic account is enough for new people to show their work and educational information.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think goggle buzz will ever replace the major social networking sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seems like facebook is the 1st SN sites for most of us. It is impressive how facebook gained its popularity so quick in recent years.

    ReplyDelete